Favourite Quote

"Life is just one damned thing after another" Elbert Hubbard

人生苦短, 珍惜眼前人

Friday, February 14, 2014

Water Crest Valley Cameron Highlands

Cameron Highlands is belongs to Pahang state.. All the while I thought is Perak because from my kampung, just took about 1 hour to reach... My father like to go there and mostly is day or half day trip... Especially when the new route started operate.. New route means from Simpang Pulai...

On 7th February 2014 @ CNY day 8, my dad, sister and I went for a short visit.. This is my first driving journey to Cameron.. I was a bit scare and not confident because the steep road.. But I want to give it a try... Yeah !!! Its not that difficult to drive to Cameron.. and that day was a perfect day due to not crowded... Easy for my dad to walk around with the walking stick... 

We took lunch at Water Crest Valley which is our favorite spot at Cameron Highlands... Its located at Tringkap and almost reach Brinchang.. My parent love the water crest there and I start to like water crest after taste it here... My mum like to boil water crest herbal tea or soup which I really dont like because of the smell and the taste of the vegetable.. Plus the thick "batang" when you bite it... its just so old... 

But at here, the water crest very young and doesnt have that strong taste.. So I like it.. plus the cooking style is different from what my mum use to cook... Beside here also has Charcoal Steamboat... Imagine, the weather so cold and windy, having the steamboat.. so perfect.. But provided you have the time.. Because charcoal is very slow for the food to cook well..

Water Crest Valley

On the way to the restaurant
 Well done daddy... Even its not easy for you to go down and get up.. You manage to do it with our support...

Water Cress Herbal Tea - RM5.00
The herbal tea too sweet for me.. If not overall I like it... Its seems quite a big cup.. I think sharing for 2 pax is enough.. Otherwise you will bringing half cup when leaving...


Fried WaterCress with Garlic - RM18.00
 There are three types which is Fried WaterCress with Garlic or Belacan or Beancurd.. You may order all three just for tasting purpose.. LOL...

Dumpling with WaterCress Soup - RM18.00
I recommend this especially if you like soup based... Its will warm your body at this cooling and windy weather.. The soup really nice and it doesnt salty... Very refreshing..

Fried Handmade mee - RM18.00
 Its looks instant maggi noodle to me.. But the taste OK... Not really recommended to order this...

Fried mushroom - RM18.00
The mushroom really big.. But too bad, it is not that crispy.. the boss recommend us to order this as the mushroom just pluck from farm.. RM18.00 for this plate, a bit expensive for me... 

My sister and dad...



The view is spectacular as you facing the watercress farm.. If you dining here, you may visit the farm and downstair for free... Otherwise you need to pay RM1.00

You may click the below for other places at Cameron Highlands

1. BOH TEA Plantation Sungei Palas

2. Strawberry Moment Desserts Cafe

3. Cactus Point Brinchang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...