Favourite Quote

"Life is just one damned thing after another" Elbert Hubbard

人生苦短, 珍惜眼前人

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Lap Chun / Li Chun / 立春

Lap Chun in Cantonese and Li Chun (立春) in Mandarin was yesterday (04/02/2014) and its mark the beginning of HORSE year. Beside its also First day of Spring...

Due to Information Technology world, its easy and faster to get any information.. Social Media like Facebook does play an important role.. So this year everyone share their photo proudly with standing egg.. What is standing egg? Sorry, I dont have photo to show here as I didnt have any.... 

I do surf around to find some reading about the standing egg on Lap Chun.. But many people said actually the egg and stand at any other day.. Just on Lap Chun it is easier to make the egg standing... Remember use fresh egg.. I tried before to use egg bought from supermarket about a week ago, I try few minutes, its fail... So said, patient is important.. So you can make the egg standing anytime anyday... WHY? I think must hold the egg stand stright (dont let go your hand), after few minutes, let the YOLK sink to the bottom.. There is a weight created, so its easy to balance.. Probably that's the reason the egg can stand.. 

Probably I should try to since I missed the Lap Chun day.. 

For 2013/2014 year, between Snake and Horse... In Chinese, people who born before Lap Chun is Snake and people who born from 04/02/2014 onward is Horse.. So people DOB on 03/02/2014 is younger a year than people DOB 04/02/2014... LOL... Complicated? Yup.. A little bit.. No I understand why people said he/she is younger a year even born in same year... or same age even born in different year...

Beside, I heard 立春 is a best day to place all the FENG SHUI...  Did you do any? My friend share one for me.. But I havent do anything yet... Will start work soon... 

One more myth which is, go bank-in and MONEY will flow in to you throughout the year... Yeah !! I forget this also... I heard alots people queue at ATM and BANK... 

SO believe it or not? Just do it...

Happy Chinese New Year !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...