Favourite Quote

"Life is just one damned thing after another" Elbert Hubbard

人生苦短, 珍惜眼前人

Saturday, June 6, 2009

988 - 友声有色

I started to listen to this radio station since April 1997.... wow.. count count, already 12 years already... I came to KL to continue my study that time and started to tune in 988... That time, Malaysia only got two chinese radio station which and 988 only available at Klang Valley... I was so happy that time, finally I can listen to this supercool station...

988 started as "Lai Dik Fu Sing" (in cantonese name - forgot the English name) those days.. That time is pay radio station and there is a speaker box will install at your place... That time "L.D.F.S" very popular especially at Ipoh because majority the programmes were in Cantonese.. Beside there was drama... Most of you like to watch drama.. But how many of you like listen drama?? Listen drama really need your own imagination... Its a thumb ups to "L.D.F.S" and now 988's drama team... their drama really HOT HOT HOT.. everyone is talking about it...

988 started with few DJs such as Chan Fong, Lam Tin Man, Lam Sook Peng and there are manys more... and now many of these DJs no longer ON AIR... My one of the favourite program that time is GHOST Stories telling hosted by Lam Sook Peng and Sau Kam... wow.. the sound effect really "geng".. and with your own imagination.. its pretty scary.. hehe...

This radio station accompany me throughout all these years... every morning, when wake up before going to washroom, I will on radio first.. then whenever I dont watch TV, my radio will ON... Nowadays, there are few chinese radio stations but I still prefer 988... and I notice the quality of program deliver by 988 is decreasing... I'm quite disappointed with it...

Now 988 already make annoucement that it will stop airing one week and will be back on 15th June... Due to restructuring and re-program... This is a huge changes... I really afraid that this station will be "BYE BYE" to me forever.. Previous there were few DJs, said they on leave or MC then suddenly I heard their voice at another station...

Cross my finger... I really do hope 988 will come back... really be-waiting....

3 comments:

  1. i think myfm already started in 1997... but not that popular... now got a strong backup ya astro... and the one fm is coming out too... i guess 988 will still be there... i dont quite like 988 but recently i heard it when i get back to my hometown from kl at 6++pm, 'k lok dong'?? damn super duper hilarious!! the gayish sounds is irritating but the humour.... hohohoho i am hooked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only listen to radio when i'm travelling to and back from work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I like 988. Maybe I listen to Lai Dik Fu Sing since I was kids (mum is the fans of lai dik fu sang and 988). I still remember the midnight drama (all about ghost story). During colleage life, i always look for 3pm drama. After start work, i always look for the morning program especially with chan fung that time (kung kai fan von). Even after chan fung left 988... i still listening 988 morning program. Is sad also the close for 1 week but think the other way back, is good for the Djs have a break to get refreshment. Hoping the new changes will bring more goods program up

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...